Bangor Parks & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race Information
So excited that we will be back out on the Kenduskeag after a 1 year absence. Although there are some changes this year, it still will be the fun and exciting race that we have all come to love. Please be sure to read through all of the information below, to know what is going on!
- Masks must be worn at all times before getting on the stream and when you finish/take out for the day!
- There has been a change in starting times to accommodate more paddlers and to follow all CDC safety guidelines.
- Your starting time will be between 8:00am – 10:15am
- Boats will be leaving by boat/bib number.
- Do not show up at the starting line any earlier than 20-25 minutes prior to your start time. When Do I Start link can be found at the end of this email!
- Please have your sticker on your boat (left bow) and your bib on the front paddler prior to arriving at the starting line (Kenduskeag Village)
BIB PICK UP
- Bib and goody bag packets must be picked up between Monday, April 12 – Friday, April 16 from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm at the Bangor Parks and Recreation office at 647 Main Street. (please park behind the building off of farm road and enter at the top of the ramp)
- For racers that live more than 1.5 hours away and have no one that can pick up their bib packet for them ahead of time, we will have your packet on race day. Please let us know in advance if you will need us to hold your packet. 207-992-4490
- Goody-bag packets include: sticker - Race Map – when do I start sheet – bib – boat sticker – Kenduskeag Canoe Race baseball hat!
More Information before race day to know:
- No Refunds as of Thursday, April 8, 2021
- If you need to make changes, please contact us via email at Debbie.email@example.com by Wednesday, April 14.
- No more registrations being taken. The Race is Full!!
- SHUTTLE BUS: There will be bus transportation from the finish and 6 mile falls back to Kenduskeag throughout the day. Masks must be worn when on busses.
- Dry masks will be provided when you finish the race.
- Please no hanging around the take out areas. CDC guidelines are in place so we are limited with how many can be gathered at once.
- There will be To Go Snacks and Coffee compliments of the Darlings Agency.
- Results will be posted at “Take Out” park area.
- We ask only those who place 1st, 2nd or 3rd stay for the awards ceremony at approximately 2:30 pm. Masks must be worn during awards ceremony.
CLICK HERE to find out YOUR BOAT/BIB NUMBER and WHEN DO I START TIME.