Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race
48th Annual Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race, Saturday, April 19th, 2014
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS ENDED!
RACE DAY PRICES NOW IN EFFECT
TO REGISTER YOU MUST COME INTO THE OFFICE OR REGISTER IN KENDUSKEAG
TOMORROW MORNING BETWEEN 6:30-7:45 AM
Bangor Parks and Recreation Department
647 Main St
Bangor ME 04401
$20 per boat for 1 person boats
$40 per boat for 2 person boats
$20 per person in open class boats
RACE DAY PRICES
$40 per boat for 1 person boats
$80 per boat for 2 person boats
$40 per person in open class boats
No more than 3 boats can be registered in each household
Classifications and Class information
- The Race Staff reserves the right to determine participant's final race classification.
- All canoes will meet "ACA WW Open Canoe Specifications".
- A beginner is one who has not finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in organized race in any class. (If anyone in your boat has finished in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you can not register for beginner.)
- Recreation Class: width of canoe at 4" water line bume be at least 16% of the length of the canoe.
Important New Information
- Rescue teams recommend that ALL race participants wear appropriate clothing due to the extreme cold water temperatures as well as cold ambient air temperatures.
- Recommended clothing includes: a wet suit or dry suit, polypropylene fleece or wool.
- Worst to wear: cotton clothing (ie: jeans, T-shirt, sweat shirt/pants
- You may become severely hypothermic and require medical attention if you are not wearing the proper clothing.
- Try not to bring keys, cell phones or anything else you do not want to get wet or possibly lose in the boat with you.
- Warming tent at finish with free hot chocolate and coffee sponsored by Darling Agency
- Free chili and chowder at finish sponsored by Sea Dog Brewing Company
- Awards held at warming tent at take out area